Friday, January 3, 2014

Being intentional in 2014.

I'm not usually into making too many resolutions. I usually just make one or two at most so that I can stick to them. They're usually very definitive and descriptive so that I can hold myself accountable and stick to them easier. One year my resolution was to floss more ...seriously, and now I floss everyday!


So this year when I heard of the link up with Little Baby Garvin and friends, I decided that this was a great way to put my one little resolution out there but more than that, to incorporate a change in 'being' to 2014--- confused yet?

Anyways, here are the questions:


1. What is something you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year & what is your plan for making it happen?
2. Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year. Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it into 2014.
3. I will make 2014 count by...





For the first question my answer is photography. Seriously, for the sake of my kids and this blog, I need to become a better photographer. I capture the moments yes, but I think that I can do way more. A great camera is in order, not a point and shoot but something a bit more. (My birthday is coming up, no jewelry this year, D!) A photography course (a small one for now) is also on the agenda as well as some more practise with my girls. I seriously still love my iPhone 5 pics though and they will not go away. 

Even though this blog has encouraged me to capture the tiny moments and silly stuff with my kids, for 2014, I will also be taking a photo everyday of the week and posting them all in one grouping. Thanks, Shay for the idea. As I said before, these days with my young kids are the most wonderful days of my life and I want to remember every single second of them.... even the whiny, tantrumy ones. 


So for the second question, I really was torn between many different words.... gratitude, appreciation, grace, grateful.. but if you read through this blog you'd find that you see some of these in my writing. I wanted a word to aspire to and this is the one I kept coming back to over and over again. 



Too often, I get bogged down by the many things I have to do. Like so many other mamas, I'm not just a mother, wife, daughter, relative and friend. I don't know about others but I am also a housekeeper, chef, travel agent, family therapist, chauffeur, stylist, dietician, photographer and event planner... and those are just a few of the hats I wear. I find myself pulled in many different directions, doing many things for many people often at the same time but not giving one thing my total attention. On a morning, I'm usually feeding two kids, combing hair, dressing 3 out of 4 of us, drinking my tea and packing lunch for D.... sometimes responding to a text or a phone call. I'm not concentrating on one single thing and things fall through the cracks. While I really can't stop multi tasking( this house might fall apart, especially on a morning), what I can do is begin to focus more on each activity. This now leads into the third question. I will begin to focus on , appreciate and enjoy each member of my family more.  There will be more listening and more learning. Maybe this will involve unplugging more, more quiet time (less background noise).  

I hope that this will also translate into changes for me as well... I want to be intentional with things I buy so that we don't have a lot of clutter around. I will also be intentional in how I am organising this house so that it is easier to manouvre through.  I will also be more intentional in what I put into my body and my mouth (seriously, sugar detox from the 6th). There will also be more intention in my spiritual life as well. 


There you are... all out there now! I look forward to reading the words of others in this link up-- as I glimpsed through, there are a few other like minded mamas out there :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me so happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...