Thursday, June 19, 2014

Mummy Tag

I came across this 'mummy tag' on My Life as A Mummy and loved the idea! Although on this side of the pond, we say 'Mommy.' Here we go. 







1. Are you a Stay at Home Mum, or a Working Mum?
I'm a work from home--- but freelance so only about 10-12 hours per week and when the work becomes available. 
2. Would you have it any other way?
No for right now but yes in the next few years as the girls get older. I can't see myself totally going back to the corporate world though. I did when Cassia was born but with two, I decided against it. I did not enjoy it. 
3. Do you co-sleep?
No! I've heard too many horror stories about baby suffocation and I'm too light a sleeper anyways. When we have sleepovers at other people's houses, I've slept with my kids-- Cass is a kicker so that's not cool but A is a cuddly, sweet sleeper. 
4. What is your one must-have item for your baby?
Gosh, there are so many items that I love but maybe the tiny baby rocker like this one. I never had one with Cass so I guess technically it's not a must have but I used it so much with A. 
5. How many kids do you plan on having?
2 and through... We are done!!
6. Date nights? How often do you have them? 
I would say maybe every 2-3 weeks. Most nights when the kids go to bed, D and I watch tv together though.
7. Your child’s favourite show?
Cassia now loves the Disney sitcoms and A loves Yup Yups and The Wiggles. 
8. Name one thing you bought before you had the baby and never ended up using?
I bought these baby feeding spoons which were a total waste!
9. Your child’s favourite food?
Cassia's is anything with cheese- sandwiches, pizza or pasta. Anjali is more of a little gourmand, trying the different flavours and textures. Just yesterday for lunch, she had caprese pasta, chicken, goat cheese and avocado.
10. How many cars does your family have?
We have 2. An SUV for me and a car for D. 
11. Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now?
I gained 40 pounds with Cassia and lost it nine months after she was born. It was hard work! With going back to the corporate world when C was born, travelling for work and juggling being a mom, I fluctuated with my weight quite a bit as my eating wasn't always the best and I couldn't exercise as often as I wanted. 
With A, I was determined not to gain as much weight as I started off seven pounds heavier than I did with C. I gained 27 pounds but lost it in the first nine weeks as I began watching my junk intake and exercising more. I still ate but less nonsense! I lost like 40 pounds in total. THough I've gained some of it back, I exercise 4-6 times per week and do some conditioning so I think that some of the weight is muscle. I could still stand to lose 5 pounds though.
12. Dream holiday with your kids?
I think it would be Beaches Turks and Caicos- we've been twice already. Or maybe a nice Hawaiian vacay as they get older. 
13. Dream holiday without your kids?
I would love to go back to Europe. Italy (for the second time), Greece or Spain would also be nice. 
14. How has your life changed since having kids?
Bedtime is a big deal now. Gone are those late nights! 
15. Finish the sentence “It makes heart melt when…”
Ok this sounds weird but it's when my children say 'Thank you', 'Good Morning', and 'You're Welcome'. I'm a stickler for  good manners. Oh and when they snuggle up next to you and fall asleep. 
16. Where do you shop for your kids?
I don't really have one specific place but I love Gymboree, Baby Gap and Zulily for the one of a kind designer pieces on sale.  And Children's Place has great pants and leggings. 
17. Favourite make-up and skincare products?
I am a make up junkie! My favourite these days though are Smashbox CC cream, Mac Bronzer and Mac Taupe Lipstick.  In terms of skincare, I'm also a bit of a junkie. I love this Obagi Facewash for oily skin, Vitamin C Serum, Vitamin A creme and an under eye cream!
18. Huggies or Pampers?
Pampers. I used to work at Energizer (competitors of P&G, makers of Duracell and Pampers) so I was determined to use Huggies when Cassia was born. We had sooo many leaks- chalk it up to a new mom's in-expertise or a product that wasn't working for me. Either which way, I started using Pampers Swaddlers and the Baby Dry. 
19. Have you always wanted kids?
Yes! I knew from the very beginning... and more than that, I knew I wanted a daughter... and then I got greedy and wanted a second daughter. 
20. Best part of being a mum?
It would have to be the outbursts of uncontrollable laughter--- and the sweet snuggles- Tie!

Today I'm linking up with Annie , Amanda and Natalie for this new link up. Can't wait to read everyone else's Thoughts for this Thursday!

Thoughts for Thursday



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing from you makes me so happy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...